Goods In & Warehouse Operative
Dreading the Monday morning alarm clock? Working hard but not feeling rewarded? Feeling unloved and unappreciated?
Williams & Co features on The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For list and is led by a management team with the values of Integrity, Loyalty and Ambition at the forefront of their minds. Everyone in the business lives by those values and if you think that is airy-fairy nonsense, don’t apply because you won’t like it here!
As a company we are determined to be the Best Place to Work. We offer a variety of industry leading benefits, including, a shopping discount platform, free bean to cup coffee, always, and Private Medical Insurance for the whole family – yes, the whole family!
We are looking for a Goods In/Warehouse Stock Controller to be a star at our Milton Keynes Distribution Centre. You will need to work as part of a team to keep the goods-inwards process running smoothly to ensure the stock is ready to meet customer needs!
The successful applicant will have a proven track record in an FMCG or similar fast paced distribution environment and will be accountable for ensuring the efficient and accurate receipt and put-away of goods by utilising Kerridge K8 WMS. Reporting into the DC/Warehouse Manager, you will ensure targets and objectives are met in line with business and customer requirements. You will also be responsible for maintaining health and safety operating procedures, housekeeping standards and continuous improvement within the warehouse.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Plan, co-ordinate and monitor the receipt, put away, storage and replenishment of goods. Stock in goods in report to be cleared daily. Monitor and process inbound IBT’s in a timely manner.
- Organise inbound delivery schedules with our commercial team and external suppliers
- Verbal and written communication with suppliers in order to resolve delivery discrepancies in a timely manner
- Quality checking of incoming goods, accurate amendment of delivery paperwork and booking goods onto the system
- Focus on stock accuracy utilising the WMS and LPN’s
- Ensure that all goods inwards tasks are completed efficiently
- Identify errors and eliminate root cause using robust countermeasures
- Monitor and maintain stock accuracy by stock counting
- Ensure that all relevant procedures and processes are followed and adhered to in line with the company’s procedures and requirements
- Build team philosophy and cultivate a team atmosphere in line with the company’s core values
- Forklift operation
- Maintaining housekeeping and H&S standards within the warehouse
- FMCG distribution experience – minimum 3 years gained within a fast-paced, large distribution warehouse environment, preferably in a good’s inward role
- Experience of bar-coding and WMS stock management systems
- Forklift experience – ideally Articulated and Counterbalance
- Good Numeracy and IT Skills
Essential Personal Attributes
- Good team player with excellent communication skills
- Able to prioritise tasks, deliver to deadlines and manage conflicting demands
- Must be able to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills
HOURS OF WORK 7-day contract, normally working 40 hours between Monday and Friday, but you will need the flexibility to work weekends when required
SALARY £22,000 – £25,000 depending on experience
HOLIDAY 5 weeks paid holiday per year, plus all bank holidays
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS Private Medical Insurance & Life Assurance (after completion of probation period)