We have an exciting opportunity for a hard-working, enthusiastic, and excellent communicator to join our IT team as a 1st Line IT Assistant/Apprentice. The role is based at our Central Support office in Fareham, however travel to other locations will be required.
Applications are welcomed from all experience levels; we are flexible and willing to support an entry level candidate through an apprenticeship or upskilling current IT professionals through on-the job training and external qualifications. The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate a real passion to succeed and develop their IT career.
In this role, the IT Assistant will be the first point of contact for any IT related issues across the business, therefore the ability to build rapport quickly and get stuck in with problem solving is essential. This is a varied role where no two days are the same. If you are looking for a face-to-face IT role, working in a relaxed and supportive environment, then this could be the perfect role for you!
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Monitor the network and address any threshold breaches,
- Maintain Active Directory,
- Manage email accounts,
- Create, maintain, and delete user accounts,
- Own all assigned incidents reported through to resolution,
- Install and maintain IT equipment & telecommunication equipment across all branches and head office,
- Maintain the assets inventories and ensure all relevant documentation and databases are updated,
- Manage and administer all telephone systems throughout the estate,
- Providing best endeavours support for company mobile phones,
- Ensure CCTV equipment, across all branches, is functional,
- Ensure start of day checks are carried out,
The ideal candidate will be educated to GCSE level and have knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and the Microsoft Office 365 suite. An IT Qualification is desirable but not essential.
Williams & Co is a “trade only” supplier of plumbing and heating material with over 45 years trading experience, we employ over 340 staff across 40 sites promoting out goals of “best product, best price and best service”. We pride ourselves on being dedicated to our people and believe it is important to always demonstrate honesty and ethical behaviour.
Hours – Monday to Friday 07:00-15:30