Operations and Facilities Co-ordinator
Williams & Co features on The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For list and is led by a management team with the values of Integrity, Loyalty and Ambition at the forefront of their minds. Everyone in the business lives by those values and if you think that is airy-fairy nonsense, don’t apply because you won’t like it here!
As a company we are determined to be the Best Place to Work. We offer a variety of industry leading benefits, including, a shopping discount platform, free bean to cup coffee, always, and Private Medical Insurance for the whole family – yes, the whole family!
We are looking for someone to join our Operations Support team to provide support to our growing branch network of Plumbers Merchants with planned and unplanned maintenance. You will work closely with new and existing subcontractors on new branch projects as we expand our network.
The successful applicant will have a proven track record in facilities management, with knowledge/experience in Electrical works and basic construction. You will have worked closely and be comfortable communicating with new and existing subcontractors, setting up SLA’s and contracts for anything from a new shutter door to fitting out a brand-new building.
You will not fear getting your hands dirty, mucking in and help turn a basic CAD drawing into another thriving Williams Branch.
Based in our Milton Keynes Distribution Centre, responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Reacting to property maintenance issues from our existing branch network and resolving to ensure minimal disruption
- Setting up SLA and contracts with Sub-Contractors to ensure best price and service always with regular benchmarking
- Contract management – gaining quotations and putting together costing proposals for large fit out and maintenance projects
- Assisting with the Layout & Design, Quotation and Project & site management of Trade Counter & Warehouse fit outs, working with multiple sub-contractors to complete jobs in a timely manner.
- Working closely with internal stakeholders on new projects
- Work within an internal team tasked to take a new project from fit-out to fully racked, stocked and ready to trade
- Work with the Operations Team and Property Agents to help identify potential suitable new sites to expand the Williams & Co Branch and operational network.
- Ensuring Health & Safety compliance at all times of our facilities and all sub-contractors who support us.
- Full Driving Licence & be prepared to travel and stay away from home
- Hands on experience of property maintenance and Facilities management
- Comfortable liaising with different stakeholders from Senior Managers to Engineers and subcontractors
- Electrical experience with a good knowledge of Basic Construction techniques
- Basic knowledge of CAD drawings
- Good understanding of site management and Health & Safety practices
Essential Personal Attributes
- Good team player with excellent communication skills
- Ability to work on your own and manage your time well
- Able to prioritise tasks, deliver to project deadlines and manage conflicting demand
HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours per week Mon-Fri (occasional weekend work maybe required)
SALARY: £30,000 – £34,000
HOLIDAY: 5 weeks paid holiday per year, plus all bank holidays
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS: Company vehicle with fuel card (reasonable personal use included), Private Medical Insurance & Life Assurance (after completion of probation period)
Closing date 20th January
Initial interviews via teams/video conference w/c 25th January