Sales Development Consultant needed!
Are you hungry for success? Are you sales driven? Are you willing to go the extra mile to achieve amazing results? Do you want to work for a Business that is on the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies List? If the answer is yes to those questions, then carry on reading.
As a ‘Trade Only’ supplier of plumbing and heating materials, with over 45 years trading experience, Williams & Co currently employs over 350 employees across 38 sites. We pride ourselves on being dedicated to our people and believe it is important to demonstrate honesty and ethical behaviour.
Main purpose of the role
We are seeking a Sales development Consultant to be the voice of driving new business. We want Williams & Co to be the First choice when ordering plumbing and heating materials.
Our Trade Support office is open 364 days of the year from 7am to 8pm. We only deal with trade customers. The Sales Development Consultant role is a new role within the Trade Support team, and we are looking to bring in a friendly team player who already has a proven track record in telesales and will bring with them a wealth of new ideas and knowledge that they can share across the department.
We need you to wow our customers and strive to make every potential customer into a regular member of the Williams family.
You will need to be confident on the telephone and not afraid to develop a rapport with plumbers from Inverness to Penzance. A good sense of humour is a must and an ability to work 40 hours across 5 days over a 7 day a week working pattern is essential.
In this role you will work closely with our marketing team to make a real positive impact in future campaigns.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Outbound sales calls to generate orders
- Work with Marketing to identify new GDPR compliant prospect databases for customer acquisition.
- Work with Marketing to create engaging offerings and scripts to support Direct and Digital campaigns, which will help us expand to new geographical areas with our online offering or awareness campaign of new branches.
- Maintain the prospect database and hand over converted customers to branches/RFCs.
- Making outgoing calls, to our newly registered customers to aid the on-boarding process
- Incoming calls from customers, dealing with their requests promptly and effectively
- Keeping customers up to date on our products and informing them of new products and growing business by add on and cross selling
- Assist with ad hoc marketing projects, such as customer or competitor research
- Attending regular team meetings to discuss progress and performance related expectations
- Building a rapport with our branch network colleagues.
- Adhering to the Williams way of working and core values of the company
Skills & Requirements
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to adapt quickly
- Ability to identify where the prospect is in the awareness/sales cycle and adapt the conversation to suit this.
- Ability to identify and adapt conversations to different customer types and groups.
- Skilled at objection handling
- Ability to come up with new campaign ideas
- Strong Influencing skills
- Computer Literate
- Full driving licence and access to a vehicle as occasional travelling to branches and events is required
Optional Additional Skills
- Experience in the Plumbing & Heating industry would be an advantage but not essential
- Private Medical Insurance (After qualifying period)
- Life Assurance Scheme of 4 x annual salary (After qualifying period)
- Flexible Working
- 33 days holiday
- Training and Development
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Williams Perks Scheme