We are looking for a super Trade Support Sales Manager!
Williams & Co features on The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For list and is led by a management team with the values of Integrity, Loyalty and Ambition at the forefront of their minds. Everyone in the business lives by those values and if you think that is airy-fairy nonsense, do not apply because you won’t like it here!
As a company we are determined to be the Best Place to Work. We offer a variety of industry leading benefits,
We give a lot to our loyal employees and expect you to work hard and deliver exceptional customer service in return. We believe the best service happens when you can be yourself and show customers your personality.
If you think that you’d fit into our family, read on!
Trade Support Sales Manager
As part of our continued growth plan, Williams & Co are seeking to recruit an outstanding customer and sales focused individual to join our business and lead our Trade Support Sales Team. Our busy Trade Support office is open 7 days a week, 364 days of the year from 7am to 8pm supporting our 38 Branches in providing Plumbing & Heating products and exceptional customer service to our target trade customers. They look to us for a rapid response to their enquiry, whether placing an order, requesting a quotation, needing product information or an ETA on their delivery. We want Williams & Co to be the First choice to Tradesman within the Plumbing and Heating market.
What are we looking for?
This role will require the successful candidate to work tirelessly to empower your team to deliver exceptional customer service, increase sales to existing & prospective customers, penetrate new geographical areas and uphold our values.
You will get a buzz from seeing your team and colleagues improve on a personal and professional level and will go the extra mile to help them achieve this. Based in our Central Support offices in Fareham Hampshire, you will receive a wealth of support from our Central Support departments, whose aim, like yours is to support our colleagues and customers and contribute to making Williams & Co the best place to work. We have industry leading levels of customer service, but we are not satisfied, we want to build on this with an increased focus on sales and market development.
If you are looking to sit back in a chair Monday to Friday in a 9-5 role, avoiding the phone, not dealing with customer problems, whilst others are working hard around you, do not bother applying. We only want the best people at Williams & Co, who work tirelessly to help grow our brand to current and prospective customers with a drive to fix things if they go wrong, ensuring our customer is sorted…no matter what.
What will I do?
- Foster a can-do attitude and drive throughout the team to deliver exceptional customer service & sales development, helping them improve their all-round capabilities
- Develop and grow sales to existing and prospect customers by ensuring we promote our full product and service offering
- Improve departmental operational performance whilst making things easy for our teams to succeed
- Ensure strong two-way communication between the customers and our branch network to deliver on our promises
- Work with our Marketing team implementing in new initiatives and campaigns to reach new customers and geographical areas
- Uphold our values and live and breathe “The Williams Way”
What skills will I need?
- A can-do attitude, naturally engaging, approachable, passionate about customers and people and achieving success in your role
- Determination and focus to help others achieve that shines through every time you interact with your team
- You will be an effective communicator and excel at organising both yourself and others through the ability to plan, prioritise and delegate
- A confident and natural coach, you will recognise the different capabilities of your colleagues and work tirelessly to make them the best they can be
- A proven track record in sales & people management with a strong commercial and market development skill set to boot
- A willingness to learn about our products and their applications
- Amazing telephone manner, happy to pick up the phone to anyone and promote our business
- Know your way around a computer system, with good all-round IT skills including intermediate Excel
- Experience in dealing with the Plumbing & Heating industry or a similar trade would be an advantage but not as important as being the right fit for our team and our business. We want some to help us raise the bar!
What are the Package & Benefits?
- Salary £33,000 – £40,000 per annum, depending on experience
- 40 hrs per week leading a department that operates 7am-8pm, 7 days per week, 364 days per year
- Performance Related Bonus
- Private Medical Insurance, after qualifying period
- Life Assurance of 4 x annual salary, after qualifying period
- 33 days Holiday – increases with length of service
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Workplace Pension