Working hard but not feeling rewarded? Feeling unloved and unappreciated?
Williams & Co features on The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For list and is led by a management team with the values of Integrity, Loyalty and Ambition at the forefront of their minds. Everyone in the business lives by those values and if you think that is airy-fairy nonsense, don’t apply because you won’t like it here! You will never be a number; everyone is a valued member of the team with direct line communication to our Directors.
As a company we are determined to be the Best Place to Work. We offer a variety of industry leading benefits, including, a shopping discount platform, free bean to cup coffee, always, and Private Medical Insurance for the whole family – yes, the whole family!
We give a lot to our loyal employees and expect you to work hard and deliver exceptional customer service in return. We believe the best service happens when you can be yourself and show customers your personality. If you think that you’d fit into our family, read on.
We are looking for a Warehouse Assistant to work as part of a Night team in a busy FMCG distribution centre. Involved in the receipt, storage, replenishment, picking and dispatch of goods.
Hours: Mon – Fri 21:00 – 05:30
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Goods receipt
- Picking orders and deliveries driven by WMS tasks
- Stock put away and replenishment driven by WMS and utilising LPN’s
- Packing and wrapping goods in such a way as to best utilise space and prevent stock damage
- Inventory control – deploying a PI methodology, stock counting
- Ensure that all warehouse tasks are completed efficiently
- Fork lift operation – loading and unloading of vehicles and stock locations
- Ensure that all relevant procedures and processes are followed and adhered to in line with the company’s procedures and requirements
- Maintaining housekeeping and H&S standards within the warehouse
- Ability to work well as part of and make a positive contribution to the team
- Good numeracy and IT skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to plan and organise own workload as well as follow clear instruction
- Ability to work under pressure and meet business critical deadlines
- Good attention to detail
- Comprehension of health and safety requirements
- Flexible approach to duties and tasks
- Good understanding of customer deliverables and the impact of failure / cost of poor quality