Trade Counter Assistant – Tunbridge Wells
Dreading the Monday morning alarm clock? Working hard but not feeling rewarded? Feeling unloved and unappreciated?
Williams & Co features on The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For list and is led by a management team with the values of Integrity, Loyalty and Ambition at the forefront of their minds. Everyone in the business lives by those values and if you think that is airy-fairy nonsense, don’t apply because you won’t like it here!
You will never be a number; everyone is a valued member of the team with direct line communication to our Directors.
As a company we are determined to be the Best Place to Work. We offer a variety of industry leading benefits, including, a shopping discount platform, free bean to cup coffee, always, and Private Medical Insurance for the whole family – yes, the whole family!
We give a lot to our loyal employees and expect you to work hard and deliver exceptional customer service in return. We believe the best service happens when you can be yourself and show customers your personality.
If you think that you’d fit into our family, read on!
We are looking for a Trade Counter Assistant to be a star at our Tunbridge Wells Branch. You will need to work as part of a team to deliver outstanding customer service every day.
You will need to have the ability to work a 40-hour week, Monday to Friday between 7am – 5pm.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Serving customers on the trade counter and via telephone
- Sales development
- Assisting with general branch duties
- Placing customer orders
- Carrying out stock checks
- Replenishing stock and helping keep the front of house presentable
- Liaising with suppliers
- Assisting in the warehouse as required
To be successful you will hold the following experience and personal attributes:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good literacy, numeracy and IT skills
- Great communication skills
- Flexible approach to duties and tasks
- An ambitious outlook
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Plumbing and heating knowledge preferred but not essential
IMPORTANT – As part of our recruitment & selection policy candidates are required to bring ONE of the following documents to interview:
EU or UK Passport or Birth Certificate or and of the following: Certificate of Registration, a Biometric Residence Permit, and/or immigration documents issued by the Home Office